[Samba] Sharing directories with Samba 2.2

Björn Sigurðarson bns at skyggnir.is
Thu Mar 21 16:20:06 GMT 2002

Hi,

I thought I might send you an email to look for some assistance. However,
if this is going over the limit I completely understand. My problem is that
I want to share a couple of folders on a SunOS 5.8 machine. But, since I am
neither a Unix or Samba expert I am having some beginning difficulties. I
am not sure what information you need, if you are willing to help me, but I
attached my smb.conf to this email so that you can have a look at it. I
want to create the shares tst_or_indir, and tst_or_outdir and make them
available to my users on the Windows NT domain. This seems to work on
Windows NT/2000 machines, but not on Windows 98 machines. When I try to
access these shares they always ask me for password. Well, actually it does
so on the NT/2000 machines as well but there I just press OK or Cancel and
I am able to access the shares. How can I get rid of the password prompt on
all occations?

Best regards,
Bjorn Sigurdarson
Systems Administrator