[Samba] group based login scripts other thatn primary(was ifmember.exe)

Barry Smoke barry at arhosting.com
Thu Mar 21 14:41:03 GMT 2002

Thanks everyone for the responses, but this seems like a very
complicated solution, where samba could simply answer a ifmember.exe
with every unix group that user belongs to...

has anyone poked around with ifmember.exe from the nt resource kits?

could another DOS program be written to ask samba about what groups a
user belongs to?

We have customized our smb.conf files, and login scripts to a point to
where I really would rather stay away from dynamically generated ones.