[Samba] File corruption with samba 2.2.3a and WinNt/TSE 4.0

James Bagley Jr jabagley at cvs.agilent.com
Thu Mar 21 10:14:07 GMT 2002

We have a very similar setup here.  The samba server automounts users home
directories to share them, most of our users are comming from an NT
Terminal server.  I fought a similar file corruption problem while running
samba 2.2.2 on HP-UX 11.11.  The issue seemed restricted to NT Terminal
Service users and primarily happened on ms word, powerpoint, and visio
documents.  It seemed to go away when we moved samba service to 2.2.3a on
a linux box, but i'm not positive that was the cause of our problems...

I've been too busy to troubleshoot this any furthur, but would like to
know what kind of solution you come up with.

Cheers!

--
James Bagley			|           CDI Innovantage
james_bagley at non.agilent.com	| Technical Computing UNIX Admin Support