[Samba] [smbmount] strange behaviour

Markus Gerke gerke at ipi.uni-hannover.de
Thu Mar 21 08:49:52 GMT 2002

Dear Samba-Mailinglist!

I have a problem with the smbmount command (on Linux 2.4.4) which is
very strange...
Last month I changed my motherboard (the old crashed). All extension
cards remained the same, also the network card. My network is very fast
(100Mbit/s), but one thing is strange: when reading (just reading) from
a smb-share which is mounted using smbmount (mount -t smbfs) the reading
performance goes down to less than 50kB/s !!!
All other operations (writing to this share) are fine, reading from this
share via smbclient is very fast, too. All other services on the server
like nfs, ftp also use the 100MBit!
I tried other computers (Win and Linux), they are reading fast, too. So
as I didn't change the configuration of the client and the server I
don't know what to do.
Have any one of you similar problems??

Regards, Markus

Markus Gerke
mailto:gerke at ipi.uni-hannover.de
FON : +49-511-762-19951/ FAX: +49-511-762-2483