[Samba] connection/authentification to netware/novell with ncpfs

Peter Meyer pmm74 at gmx.de
Thu Mar 21 01:12:10 GMT 2002

Hello List,

I try to get a novell 3.1x share/volume trough my samba 2.2.1a running
on Suse Linux 7.3.

For that I installed the ncpfs, mounted the volume and set up a share
in the smb.conf which refers to novell mount point.

The user name and the password is all the same, @ Novell, @ Linux and
@smbpasswd.

Connection with win98 client is okay! The novell volume is visible and
it's possible to brwose thruh the directories. But when trying to write
access a file in the novell share, I got the message "no rights", altough
@ Novell I actually got the rights.

What's wrong and how do I get the correct access?

Thanks for helping

CU Peter

http://www.gmx.net