[Samba] help: new ip range

Cyber Dog cyberdog at nycap.rr.com
Wed Mar 20 21:18:02 GMT 2002

Previously, my samba server had been operating in the same immediate IP
range as the clients using it. Both samba and clients had static ip
addresses of xxx.yyy.230.zzz.  Just recently, the organization using the
systems converted to a DHCP system for all the clients.  Now, the samba
server remains with its original static xxx.yyy.230.zzz address.  The
clients, however, are now assigned addresses in the xxx.yyy.152.zzz address
range (both are used by the organization).  The problem is these clients are
now giving the error that they can't locate the domain server, and thusly
they aren't logging onto Samba.  Obviously it is a problem related to the
change in IP, but I dont' have a great deal of experience with Samba, and
I'm hoping someone can tell me what configuration changes need to be made to
the server to accomodate the new client addresses.  Thanks.

note: neither the hosts allow or hosts deny settings are currently specified