[Samba] printing to network postscript printer gives ascii output of postscript job

Tykodi, Paul Paul at intermate-us.com
Wed Mar 20 13:16:04 GMT 2002

Dear Andy,

The phenomenon or printing the PostScript source rather than the result of
the commands normally occurs when PostScript data is created (in your case
by the Windows 98 print driver) and then passed through a second PostScript
driver. Frequently the second driver will convert the ready for the printer
PostScript data into a format that creates the readable PostScript source
format at the printer.

My guess is that the Samba link to the print driver description on the
Solaris box includes some PostScript conversion capability at some step
which converted the format of the PostScript file coming from Win 98.

HTH

Best Regards,

/Paul
--