[Samba] Some users can't log in -- server shows username as " nobody"

David Brodbeck DavidB at mail.interclean.com
Wed Mar 20 12:58:38 GMT 2002

I finally got it working.  Looks like it's the old case sensitivity bugaboo.
The user's UNIX account name is "Chua".  I added this to my username map:

Chua = chua

and he was able to log in with no problem.  Oddly, I have another user with
an account called "Pasi" that works just fine; I can only assume he happens
to log into his Windows workstation with the first letter of his username in
uppercase.