[Samba] Samba serving port 445

Markus Amersdorfer markus.amersdorfer at aon.at
Wed Mar 20 11:31:08 GMT 2002

On Wed, 20 Mar 2002 06:43:13 -0800
ltiu <ltiu at alumni.sfu.ca> wrote:

> I've surfed the internet with no direct answer to my question (mainly
> because I am clueless, sorry).

Searching for "port 445" on www.google.com, I found within 'bout
47,6 seconds (4th link):

 "In Windows 2000, Microsoft has created a new transport for SMB over
  TCP and UDP on port 445. This replaces the older implementation that
  was over ports 137, 138, 139."

> How do you set Samba to serve off port 445?

I don't think you'll need to do that. WinXP can access your Samba-Server
as it can access Win-NT via the old ports. NT probabely doesn't know
anything 'bout this 445-port as it's pre-Win2k.

cu
Max

--
An expert is someone who can tell you exactly afterwards,
why his prognosis was not correct.