[Samba] GUI Frontend Manager

Lee Leahu lee at ricis.com
Wed Mar 20 10:30:03 GMT 2002

Hello Everyone.

Today I setup a samba server for a client and demonstrated to him how to
create user accounts on the system and create users and passwords in the
smbpasswd file.

I know that with webmin I can create useraccounts via a browser, but how
about samba user and passwords in the smbpasswd file.

Is there another tool you suggest I recomment to my client to administer
users on the system, or should I use webmin?

My client has little experience with linux and would like to keep things
simple in the event that someone else takes over the system.  Currently he is
using a novel environment and uses the novell administrator applicaiton on
his xp desktop.  Is there something similar to that for Samba?

Thanks you,
Lee Leahu
lee at ricis.com