[Samba] RE: Samba and Winbind & "Secret is bad"

Sarris, Chris Chris_Sarris at csgsystems.com
Wed Mar 20 07:32:05 GMT 2002

Juri,
No problem... I will help IF I can....

when I ran the "wbinfo -t" I also got "Secret is Bad" until I realized that
the documentation that came with winbind from the Samba site ASSUMED that I
would set my smb.conf up with these parameters:

security = domain
password server = *

Once I enabled domain security and "*" to broadcast for a NT BDC or PDC to
authenticate to... I could do a wbinfo -t and "secret is good" came back....
that might be helpful to you... if not sent me your smb.conf and I will take
a quick look.... if you do please tell me what enviroment you are working in
and your client.... but I probably won't be able to tell you any more than
the Winbind HOW TO from the Samba site.... do you have that doc?
Chris

I will also post our email to the samba email list so anyone else can get
help from this conversation.