[Samba] Samba limits on HPUX???

Joseph Loo jloo at acm.org
Wed Mar 20 06:34:15 GMT 2002

I am not sure, but most Unix and Linux system has a file descriptor and
number of processes allowed. The file descriptors are important because
I believe each open file or tcp/ip connection requires a file
descriptor. The file descriptors are limited both on a global basis and
a per process basis. An example is ulimit -a will show some of the
limitiation associated with an open session. Note, this may not be
applicable to the process that started to the smb especially the file
descriptor
limitiation. The global process limitiation may limit you. The process
limit is important because it limits the number of processes a single
process can start.

You might want to check out your system and see what your file
descriptor and process limitiation and see if your machine is exceeding
the global limits.

--
Joseph Loo
jloo at acm.org