[Samba] Question regarding Samba

Marc Fienman mrf3000 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 19 16:37:03 GMT 2002

Hello,

I am not an expert in Linux or Samba...My expertise lies in Access and
VB...We are a doctors office which has a linux based server..running Samba
(I am not sure which version)...We are also running an Access program with a
split database design.. The backend resides on the server running under
Samba.  When we go to print something and the printer either jams or runs
out of paper, the link to the tables breaks.  We think this is an issue with
Samba because if the backend resides on a workstation and the printer jams
or runs out of paper, the links do not break, however I have not been able
to find any information on this problem from any source.  I did not report
it as a bug, because I am not sure this is a bug in Samba.  Any help or
guidance would be appreciated.

Sincerely,
Marc R. Fienman