Subject: [Samba] CD ROM SAMBA LOCK ?

David Mulcahy david.mulcahy at eseol.co.uk
Tue Mar 19 07:13:09 GMT 2002

HI

You could try adding fake oplocks = yes on the share, or if that doesnt work
try turning oplocks on

David Mulcahy

Message: 3
From: "fi-claudemir" <fi-claudemir at integrando.com.br>
To: <samba at lists.samba.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 16:28:54 -0300

------=_NextPart_000_00EA_01C1CE99.FEDCDCD0

Hello

I'm having a problem to use the CD ROM for many clients at the same =
time...

MY NET=20
30 CLIENTS running Windows95
1 SERVER running Red Hat Linux 7.2 / Samba 2.2.1a-4 with shared CD-ROM =
Drives

THE APPLICATION:
- There are some programs (Windows programs) which run in the clients =
and reads the CD-ROM from the server. If I use only 1 client the =
applications works fine, however when another client try to use the =
program I got CD-ROM read erros.=20

- I have already changed the CD-ROM Drives and media, but the problem =
was not solved.

- I tested the same application using a Windows2K Server with CD-ROM =
Sharing and the application worked fine for the 30 clients at the same =
time.

The problem is that I do not want to use a Window2K Server, I really =
want to use a Linux Server.
Maybe is a lock file problem ?  Any Help Please ?

Below the global options and CD ROM Sharing options