[Samba] Win2K Task Scheduler and Shares

Greg Kelley gkelley at londavia.com
Tue Mar 19 04:59:25 GMT 2002

Folks:

This is most likely a Microsloth problem, but thought I'd pass it along:

On NTv4 Servers, you could set the Task Scheduler Service to run as
Administrator. With Win2K, you are forced to run it as SYSTEM. Although you
can select a user account to run each Scheduled Task, running tasks that
access a shared resource (Mapped Drive) will fail (even running with the
Admin account) with exit code 4 unless you are logged into the Win2K Console
as Administrator (DOMAIN not Local). I have not discovered a 'work around'
to this yet, just keep the Admin logged in.

Rgds,

________________________
Greg Kelley, IT Director
Londavia, Inc. and