[Samba] Old SAMBA and WinXP....

Bryan_Anslow at candle.com Bryan_Anslow at candle.com
Mon Mar 18 07:04:17 GMT 2002

I guessed it was Encrypted Passwords, however, I cannot find any suitable
Registery Update for WinXP.

Does such a thing exist??

Thanks,

Bryan.

                    "Christian
                    Barth"               To:     samba at lists.samba.org, Bryan Anslow/AGH/Candle at Candle
                    <barth at cck.un        cc:
                    i-kl.de>             Subject:     Re: [Samba] Old SAMBA and WinXP....

                    03/15/2002
                    12:04 AM

> Ok,
>
> here's a simple question, (I just rejoined this list so apologies if it
has
> been asked a million times before).
>
> Our Company runs SAMBA 1.9-18p1 from a USS (Unix System Services) on an
IBM
> Mainframe.
>
> I used to have WinNT 4.0, and I could access Files on Windows Explorer
> through SAMBA with no problems.
>
> Now I updated one of my workstations to WinXP Pro., and - no access to
the
> Samba Server, I just get the message;
>
> "The Account is not Authorized to log in from this station"

This souds like encrypred passwords. There should be another registry
update to allow xp to send plain text passwords.

Christian

> I applied the  "signorseal" registry update, and when I export at the
entry
> it looks a bit like;

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\netlogon\parameters]
> "DisablePasswordChange"=dword:00000000
> "Update"="no"

"Scripts"=hex(2):25,53,79,73,74,65,6d,52,6f,6f,74,25,5c,73,79,73,74,65,6d,33,

>   32,5c,72,65,70,6c,5c,69,6d,70,6f,72,74,5c,73,63,72,69,70,74,73,00
> "DBFlag"="0"
> "RequireSignOrSeal"=dword:00000000
>
> Any idea how I can get my WinXP to logon to the Samba Server?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bryan.
>

> --

               _(_)_                          wWWWw   _