[Samba] Cannot unpause printer

Gareth Blades gareth.blades at webscreen-technology.com
Mon Mar 18 02:20:03 GMT 2002

I am running Samba 2.2.2 and LPRng-3.7.4-28 on RedHat 7.2.

I have a Ricoh 6000PS printer directly connected to LPT1 on the server and
it works fine using standard Unix printing.
However under Samba the printer is showing as paused and I cannot unpause
it. If I right click on the printer and unpause it I get an error message
saying I don't have permission although I am a printer admin.
If I open the printer window and try to unpause the printer from the
'Printer' menu there is a message 'Error processing command' shown.

[global]
        socketoptions           = TCP_NODELAY
        encryptpasswords        = yes
        serverstring            = Samba Server
        printing                = lprng
        security                = user
        smbpasswdfile           = /usr/local/samba/lib/smbpasswd
        workgroup               = WORKGROUP
        logfile                 = /var/log/samba/%m.log
        printcapname            = /etc/printcap
        loadprinters            = yes
        dnsproxy                = no
        maxlogsize              = 0
        domain logons           = yes
        domain admin group      = @adm
        printer admin           = @adm
        os level                = 65
        wins support            = yes
        interfaces              = 192.168.1.15/24

[printers]
        path                    = /var/spool/samba
        writable                = no
        guestok                 = no
        browseable              = no
        comment                 = All Printers
        printable               = yes

[print$]
        path                    = /usr/local/samba/printers
        guest ok                = yes
        browseable              = yes
        read only               = yes
        write list              = @adm

[netlogon]
        path                    = /usr/local/samba/netlogon
        writable                = no
        guest ok                = no

--
Gareth Blades