[Samba] samba 2.2.2 and nis?

Shekhar webmaster at viitindia.org
Sun Mar 17 22:46:03 GMT 2002

Encrypted passwords work. First of all sychronize the NIS Samba password.
PDC smb.conf
        workgroup = Domainname
        netbios name = PDC
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        passwd program = /usr/bin/yppasswd %u
        unix password sync = Yes
        passwd chat = *root*password* secret\n \
        *new*password* %n\n *new*password* %n\n *NIS*

Point other member samba server to PDC
        workgroup = Domainname
        netbios name = MEMBER
        security = SERVER