[Samba] Samba client issues

Thomas Kumm tkumm at web.de
Sun Mar 17 18:30:04 GMT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: Navin Boppuri <navin.boppuri at newisys.com>
To: Thomas Kumm <tkumm at web.de>
Cc: Samba_liste <samba at lists.samba.org>
Sent: Friday, March 15, 2002 10:37 PM
Subject: RE: [Samba] Samba client issues

I tried making the change in the smb.conf file. Did not help. I have the
same problem. Is there something else I can do??

Sorry... I forget to tell you that you have to setup a special password file
for Samba...

try:

smbpasswd -a yourusername

then you are asked twice for the password. Enter your password.
The smbpasswd utility then prints an error message, because there was no
smbpasswd file present. Don't worry about this message. smbpasswd will
creat the file.

good luck

tom

PS Please tell me if it finally worked

Navin.

Access denied errros. Something happens that messes up the way I am sending
the username and password (my guess). What do you think is going on here.

win2k certanly needs an encrypted password. So try the following in the
smb.conf:

    [ global]
        encrypted passwords = yes

I never tryed to mount a share from an window maschine, so its just a guess.

the other way is to switsch off the encrypted password on the win2k
maschine.
there are patches for the windows registry in the docs thet are shiped with
Samba.

good luck

tom

Without all those codepages, things seems to work fine.

Thanks for your help.

Navin.