[Samba] samba 2.2.2 and nis?

awesome-dave1 at juno.com awesome-dave1 at juno.com
Sat Mar 16 20:25:02 GMT 2002

Hello,
	I'm trying to get samba to work with nis on several boxes, one a freebsd
4.5 machine, the other a redhat 7.2 box. The problem is samba is not
recognizing the nis database. Is it possible to use samba and nis
together, preferably with encrypted passwords or will i have to use plain
text passwords or another form of authentication? My ultimate goal is to
have a system where a user can log on at any box beit windows, or unix
and get to any other box.
Thanks.
Dave.

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!