[Samba] W2K and XP Offline files stopped working with 2.2.3a

Stuart Haas shaas at vibe.com
Fri Mar 15 12:24:02 GMT 2002

Hi -

It appears that Samba 2.2.3a broke Windows ability to use offline files from
a Samba share.  This used to work fine under 2.2.2.  When a user syncs an
offline folder, everything appears to work properly, but once disconnected,
only a small portion of the files are visible in the offline folder, and the
files are not accessible - they give strange error messages about files
being read-only or encrypted. The same machines can synchronize files with a
Windows 2K server with no problems.

We have been able to reproduce this problem with clean Windows 2000 and XP
installs.  I have not had a chance to try an older version of Samba, but we
have been using current version of Samba with no problem for a year now.

Anyone else seen this problem?  Any suggestions?  I've got quite a few angry
laptop users out there.

Stuart

This email has been scanned for all viruses by the MessageLabs SkyScan service. http://www.messagelabs.com/