[Samba] Some users can't log in -- server shows username as " nobody"

David Brodbeck DavidB at mail.interclean.com
Fri Mar 15 06:38:41 GMT 2002

The thing is, since I'm using security=server I don't have an smbpasswd
file.  I'd only need to add users to smbpasswd if I wanted to authenticate
them with Samba instead of against the server, right?  I'm trying to avoid
having to maintain two sets of passwords.

If I'm misunderstanding something, let me know.  I don't have a lot of
experience with security=server mode.