[Samba] Samba - Network problem

Kamelia Sadeghi Dadgar kamelia at bwc.org
Fri Mar 15 02:09:09 GMT 2002

Hi ,

Recently  our network is giving all my Samba users this message:

An error occured while reconnecting to : \\pelican\username
<file://\\pelican\username>

Microsoft Windows Network : The local device name is already in use

The connection has not been restored.

There is a RED X on mapped Samba network drive which does not go away
anymore after the connection.

And

the user gets this message when trying to "save as" a document.  The
document however is saved with the changes, etc....

But we are constantly getting this message. I looked in Microsoft
TechNet,
it talks about Network drives being treated as OFFLINE connections. They
offer a patch, but I dont understand why this could all of a sudden
start
happening.

This was not happening before for the past many  years. And now all of a
sudden??? any idea ? anyone else been getting this?

We are using Microsoft 2000 Active Directory as passwd server and Samba
2.0.6 running on SUN OS. I also upgraded Samba to 2.2.2 and still the
same
result.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you