[Samba] Install

Steve Miller Adelphia Coudy smiller at adelphia.com
Thu Mar 14 10:46:14 GMT 2002

okay,  I am new to Samba so ignore my inevitable stupidity !!! I just
downloaded the samba gzip file and unzipped and untarred it.  I read the
README file and the UNIX-INSTALL.html file and they said nothing about any
prior setup you have too do.  I tried installing the software and get the
following:

Checking for gcc ... no
Checking for cc ... no
configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH

my $PATH is:

/u01/acc/bin:/usr/bin:/opt/SUNWspro/bin:/usr/ucb:/etc:.:/usr/sbin:/usr/ccs/b
in:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/ucb:/usr/openwin/bin:/usr/local:/u
sr/local/root:/arch/samba-2.2.3a

We are on Solaris 2.6.  What is this looking for ?

Thank You,

Steve Miller
Adelphia Communications
Remedy Senior Systems Analyst
smiller at adelphia.com
Coudersport (814) 274-6067
Buffalo     (716) 819-6105

"In life expect anything, but enjoy everything."