[Samba] Windows 98 and samba

Richard Pyne rpyne at shopsite.com
Wed Mar 13 16:14:05 GMT 2002

I have a samba version 2.0.7 server running on Linux that has been happily
supplying public (guest) shares to six Windows 95 workstations for about
2-1/2 years. I am now trying to add two workstations running Windows 98 and I
can't connect to the samba server. I can see it in the Network Neighborhood,
but whenever I try to browse any shares it asks for a password. No matter
what I try, I can't get it to authenticate (even thought the shares are
marked as public).

Any suggestions on troubleshooting will be greatly appreciated.

--Richard

--
Richard B. Pyne
Software Engineer