[Samba] smbfs win2k 2.2.3a error

Urban Widmark urban at teststation.com
Wed Mar 13 12:47:03 GMT 2002

On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, Greg Kelley wrote:

> Fellow SAMBA lovers:
>
> I've been using 'mount -t smbfs blah blah' for over a year to do
> backup/restore. I recently upgraded SAMBA from 2.2.2 to 2.2.3a and the NT
> Server I was attaching to from v4 to Win2k. Now 'mount -t smbfs' returns an
> error. However, smbmount with the same parameters works, so I just changed
> the scripts to use smbmount. I suspect it's the Windoze server and not
> SAMBA.

'mount -t smbfs' and 'smbmount' is basically the same command if
/sbin/mount.smbfs exists and is a symlink to smbmount.

If 'mount -t smbfs' now fails then something was broken by the upgrade.
The error is on the linux side, not the windows side.

You may be able to get more detailed answers by posting the errors you
get.

/Urban