[Samba] What group is CPB\unix_group.2147483404?

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Wed Mar 13 07:06:05 GMT 2002

René Nieuwenhuizen wrote:

>Hi,
>
>What's does a group like 'CPB\unix_group.2147483404' mean? I get al sorts of
>group when I run the following kix-script that are recognizable and some
>that are not. Why?

I think I've seen this happen when the smbpasswd file doesn't correctly
match
the /etc/passwd database.  Aparently, when the client is trying to
resolve the
names for a resource (such as a file or directory) if it can't match the
UNIX
uid/gid to something in the smbpasswd file, it will create those names.