[Samba] Deletion of read-only files

Ben van der Merwe bvdmerwe at sunspace.co.za
Wed Mar 13 02:33:05 GMT 2002

Hi,

I am experiencing great difficulty configuring the following:

1. Users who create files in a share, must have full rights.
2. Other users must be able to all view files, but not edit or delete them, i.e. everyone has read-only access to all files except those they created themselves (which they can modify and delete).

The following definition allows the read-only part (files cannot be modified), but other users can still delete the files! What am I doing wrong?

[Work]
   path = /mnt/store/Work
   writeable = yes
   valid users = +officeusers
   force create mode = 0750
   force directory mode = 0770
   force group = officeusers

Ben van der Merwe
Sun Space & Information Systems (Pty) Ltd.
Stellenbosch, South Africa
http://www.sunspace.co.za
+27 21 880 8100
+27 21 880 1703 (fax)