[Samba] Problems compiling --with-pam on Slackware 8

lists at hilboll.de lists at hilboll.de
Wed Mar 13 01:37:03 GMT 2002

When trying to ./configure Samba 2.2.3a on a Slackware 8 system, it
stops with a summary error. The last lines in config.log say something
like:

/usr/i386-slackware-linux/bin/ld: cannot find -lpam
configure: failed program was:
#line 13015 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
#include "./tests/summary.c"

I DO know that Slackware doesn't come with PAM, so I downloaded
Linux-pam-0.75 from kernel.org and installed it with "./configure &&
make && make install" which seemed to work.
I think this should be a PAM-problem, but maybe someone here can help me
out?
Thanks,

Andreas