[Samba] Samba PDC and local admins

Anton Krall akrall at team.inter.net
Tue Mar 12 20:28:03 GMT 2002

Hello Guys.

I used to have a win2k server PDC before I moved everything to samba.

On win2k server you could have certain users on the admin griup and
whenever those users would log in on of the workstations, they would
have local amin rights on the machine and could do anything... of
course,the other users that where not in the group would not have rights
to do anything like installing programs on the workstations and such.

Is this true for samba also? or are all samba users by default admins on
their workstations and can install programs and such? did I lose that
control about users?

How can I restrict users from doing those thing on their ws and allow
certain others to be local admins using samba?

Saludos

Anton Krall
Director de Tecnología
Inter.net México / Panamá