[Samba] swat on red hat 7.2

James Bagley Jr jabagley at cvs.agilent.com
Tue Mar 12 17:57:04 GMT 2002

Hi,

I'm having a minor issue with swat on red hat 7.2.  It won't let me make
any changes to the samba server (adding shares, printers, and global
definitions).  The buttons to access these simply don't exist.  I can view
status, but I can't make any changes (not even restart the daemons).

This works fine on my Debian system.  The only real difference that I can
think of is inetd vs xinetd.  Here is my xinetd config for swat:

service swat
{
        socket_type     = stream
        wait            = no
        user            = root
        server          = /usr/local/samba/bin/swat
        log_on_failure  += USERID
        disable         = no
}

What else could be wrong?

--
James Bagley			|           CDI Innovantage
james_bagley at non.agilent.com	| Technical Computing UNIX Admin Support