[Samba] Samba PDC & Groups & Trust relationships & LDAP

nate samba at aphroland.org
Tue Mar 12 16:58:39 GMT 2002

<quote who="Andrew Bartlett">
> nate wrote:
>
>> I established a one way trust
>> relationship with the local NT4-based domain. It works fine, I
>> can access network resources and stuff.
>
> I'm not sure what you have done here - becouse the code to do this
> doesn't exist in 2.2.3a...  (Its only in recent Samba HEAD CVS
> checkouts).

i saw another post on how someone did it. what i did was
what he did, create a machine account, with the name of the other
PDC, and a machine account of the name of the domain. I used
the same password on both accounts. I don't know if I only need
one or the other. Then on the NT box i put the name of the domain
and the password I set on the machine account. it spit back,
it could not verify the trust, But the domain and users
were visible on the NT PDC, I assigned rights to a folder to
test for a user thats on the other domain and it worked.
thats as far as I've gone though.

nate