[Samba] Multiple-level user shares

Michael Heironimus mkh01 at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 12 13:54:02 GMT 2002

Wouldn't you control that with filesystem permissions? Depending on your
OS and Samba versions you could probably either use ACLs or just group
permissions, make the protected directories mode 0770 (for example) and
chgrp them to UNIX groups containing only those users permitted access.
Since I don't have ACL support on one of my servers I use this to
control access to certain directories on a common file share.

--
That feeling just came over me.
                -- Albert DeSalvo, the "Boston Strangler"