[Samba] failsafe against "stupid" / careless users

Lasse Taul Bjerre lasse at bjerre.cx
Tue Mar 12 13:08:10 GMT 2002

I'm admin on a samba PDC with 150 users, and as normal users they are quit
"stupid". This means that they ofte deletes something that shouldnt have
been deleted. And I find it anoying to restore their files from tapebackup.
So would it be possible to get samba to "move" files instead of deleting
them? This way I could allocate a disk to store deleted files for a periode
of X days / weeks.
If this isnt posible, maybe the samba team should consider this option.

/Lasse