[Samba] Backup of winbindd ID map

Goetz Rieger goetz.rieger at suse.de
Tue Mar 12 02:01:05 GMT 2002

Hey all,

I know that has been discussed before, but I would like to give it a new
try.

I am in the process of setting up a Samba 2.2.3a Fileserver with winbindd.
And I would make pretty sure that I am not going to loose the idmap.tdb
due to filesystem corruption or by any other means. The very thought of
that really scares me...;-)

What is the best way to backup that important piece of data and to avoid
to backup a maybe corrupted database?

-should I stop winbindd and backup the file?

-is there a way to dump the contents of the database (the mappings) in a
textfile?

-any other suggestions?

Any tip and hint would be appreciated.

Best Regards,