[Samba] Installing Samba 2.2.3a on Mandrake 8.1

Homann, Mathias Mathias.Homann at airbus.dasa.de
Tue Mar 12 01:48:09 GMT 2002

kris.vandaele at adecco.be wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I've upgraded from 2.2.1 to 2.2.3a.  I've downloaded the zip file -
> unzipped it in /root/tmp/Samba - run "./configure" - run "make" - run "make
> install".
> Everything went well.  Restarted Linux and checked the version in swat.  It
> still was 2.2.1.  Samba was running when I installed 2.2.3a.
> What did I do wrong??

You should have uninstalled the samba 2.2.1 that comes with mandrake
first. How to do this -> mandrake docs (I don't use mandrake)
You should have looked at mandrake website / ftp server, as well as in
the archive for this list, if someone already made RPM packages for
samba 2.2.3a on madrake. Those woucl be much easier to handle.

bye,
	MH