[Samba] Compiling samba 2.2.3a on SunOS 4.1.4

Laur, Thomas Thomas.Laur at kla-tencor.com
Tue Mar 12 01:16:22 GMT 2002

Hello all,

i have some issues to compile samba (version 2.2.3a) on a SPARC-workstation
with SunOS 4.1.4.
The configure script fails at the end with the message:

No Locking found. Samba will run unstable.

and no Makefile was written.
I used the the Sun compiler and thought maybe, it works better with gcc. I
downloaded the Version 3.0.4, tried to compile it, what failed.

Yesterday, I downloaded an older version of samba 1.9.18, (due the fact,
that Sun0S 4.1.4 isn´t really new either ;-) ) and I will try to compile it
(with an older version of gcc ?).

The point is, that the SPARC should act as a printserver for Win2K and
Win98/SE clients, and i am not really certain if Win2K can connect properly
to the older version of Samba.

If somebody have some ideas, what the best thing is to do now, any help will
be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Thomas Laur