[Samba] Mailing list etiquette? [mildly off-topic]

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Mon Mar 11 17:20:06 GMT 2002

Roger Morris wrote:

> At 03:02 PM 3/11/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>
>> I would say to send the copy to the original poster.  I can't really
>> think
>> someone will complain because the answeres to their question are
>> doubled,
>> but some people do sometimes mail a request to a list they are not
>> subscribed to.  (Or might be on digest).
>

> I'd prefer to get a copy if I'm the one asking.  On high traffic
> lists, the reply can get overlooked.  I realize that If I post I
> should be looking for it, but some days I'm so swamped I can only
> quickly scan the headers.
>
> Roger

I agree.  Sometimes it's the only way I know that I should look at a message
(I see it twice on the list)
On the freebsd-questions list, replying to all is SOP (officially stated
on the
pages regarding the list)  But the way that list is used is slightly
different from
the Samba list, so it's not a direct parallel.

-Bill