[Samba] Alpha 16 tarball missing files (and an unrelated question)

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at pcug.org.au
Mon Mar 11 12:28:03 GMT 2002

Bob Hemedinger wrote:

> The configure script crashes when "checking for test
> routines" It looks like the test subdirectory is
> missing from the tarball.

Yes, the release failed when we ran out of disk on samba.org - I wasn't
aware the tarball actually made it out to the world.  I'm planning to
re-release a working version shortly.

> Unrelated question:
>
> What is the current status of managing account
> expirations in the alpha release?

Supported.  The only problem is getting the info into the SAM.  I
suggest using LDAP as you can create the enties manually.

Andrew Bartlett

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net