[Samba] Problems printing to Samba printer from W2K (Very Slow)

Steven Mackenzie sjm at activenavigation.com
Mon Mar 11 09:15:09 GMT 2002

I can't give you any clues about the dissappearing spool directory, but if
you search the mail archive (linked from the samba web pages), you'll see a
few of us posting regarding the slow printing issues with 2.2.3.

They seem to be worst from MS Office applications when using NT4 (type 2)
drivers.

One suggestion is to ensure that you have the latest Windows 2000 drivers
loaded on the server (type 3 drivers, which will be in the W32X86/3
directory of your print$ share, if you have installed them).

My solution was to revert to Samba 2.2.2 while the developers work on the
problem, which they have said they are doing right now ...

I hope that is helpful,
Steven