[Samba] Re: smbd running multiple times

Ben Hacker Jr strbenjr at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 10 21:27:40 GMT 2002

Mr. Chapman,

  I tried the method you asked to stop the smbd daemon.
It stopped smbd and nmbd the first time.
The second time it stopped one smbd and the only nmbd.
The third and forth times it couldn't find the processes.
See Below:

inst at apache$ su root -c "/usr/local/etc/rc.d/samba.sh stop"
Password:
inst at apache$ su root -c "/usr/local/etc/rc.d/samba.sh stop"
Password:
inst at apache$ su root -c "/usr/local/etc/rc.d/samba.sh stop"
Password:
kill: 1962: No such process
inst at apache$ su root -c "/usr/local/etc/rc.d/samba.sh stop"
Password:
kill: 1962: No such process
inst at apache$

inst at apache$ ps -ax | grep mbd
 1966  ??  Is     0:00.00 /usr/local/sbin/smbd -D
 1967  ??  Z      0:00.00  (smbd)
 1968  ??  Z      0:00.00  (smbd)
inst at apache$