[Samba] Ownership differences

Antony Healey antony at cit.uws.edu.au
Sun Mar 10 21:12:28 GMT 2002

Hi,

This isn't a crucial thing, but it'd be nice to know why it's happening.

We have two PDC's, deployed a separate locations. Samba (2.2.2) was compiled up the same on each machine (both running Tru64 UNIX 4.0g).

On both PDCs the user directories under profiles appear under the users name. However, on one PDC the group appears as the users group, while on the other, the group always appears as "system".

Any thoughts on this?

Regards,
Antony.
-----
Unix Systems Administrator
School of Computing & IT
University of Western Sydney
Phone: (02) 4736 0771
Fax: (02) 4736 0770

Programmer (n): One who makes the lies the salesman told come true.

She said she had nothing to wear. I smiled.