[Samba] Wierd Authentication Issue?

Edward Blazer nwdc_eblazer at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 10 01:12:09 GMT 2002

I'm having authentication issues when trying to access
a share (//linuxbox/Admin) from any OS (linux or
win2k). When authenticating as root, i can login just
fine, but any other user will fail. All users have at
least read permission on the file system itself.

I've done the 'smbpasswd -a myuser' a million times
without any success, but never needed to do it for
root.

Anyone have any ideas?

Samba version: 2.2.3a

Smb.conf
# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = workgroup
        netbios name = linuxbox
        server string = my linux box
        interfaces = 192.168.1.6
        security = user
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m
        socket options = TCP_NODELAY SO_RCVBUF=8192
SO_SNDBUF=8192
        load printers = No
        os level = 66
        dns proxy = No