[Samba] Samba 2.2.3a, Exact, Autocad 14 and MS Project

Ries van twisk rvt at dds.nl
Sat Mar 9 01:09:07 GMT 2002

Hi All,

I'm possible going to replace a NT 4 server with a Linux based system.
The whole office runs on win95, win98 and W2K workstations.
The majority runs office applications like word, excell and MS Project,
Access which I think works just fine unless MS Project does file/record
locking which might end up into problems like Access sometimes does. I'm
going to replace Access with a client/server situation of which I will
run postgress as my dbms. The frontend will stay in Access for the time
beeing but in feature it will be replace with Filemaker or Clarion or
whatever looks good and can create nice reports.

Does anybody know if there are issues/pitfalls with Exact, autocad 14
and MS Project?

Drop me a single line like?: Works ok but.... or Work great!
I'll figure the rest out myself. I just need to know if somebody does
have good or bad experiances with the apps.

Ries