[Samba] File

Grimes, Michael E {PBSG} Michael.E.Grimes at pbsg.com
Fri Mar 8 17:06:03 GMT 2002

Howdy,

I have a SAMBA share set up to an AIX filesystem. I have automation on the
NT side to copy files to this shared drive when they arrive via an FTP. On
the AIX side, I have automation that moves the file to another location.
Occasionally, the file on the AIX filesystem is in the process of being
dropped off when the script on that side tries to move it. What I get then
is a file that looks whole (ls -al) in terms of a byte count, but is
truncated because the copy from the NT side had not completed.

Is there a way to either:
1) lock the file from the samba side so that my AIX script can not move it
until the copy to the share has completed, or
2) Check from the AIX side that this file is open and being written to

I am using a perl script on the NT side and KSH script on the AIX side.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike