[Samba] Strange Problem with Access

Glenn Scherb gscherb at mriresearch.org
Fri Mar 8 12:05:02 GMT 2002

Access opens *.ldb file that does the user-level locking.  These can get
corrupted when an application exits ungracefully.  A symptom of a
corrupted *.ldb file is that Access reports the database is opened
exclusively by another user.  Check to see that no one is actually using
the database with smbstatus and delete the *.ldb file.  The database
should open normally.

--
Glenn Scherb
Midwest Research Institute