[Samba] query

John Benedetto jbenedet at unm.edu
Fri Mar 8 08:57:02 GMT 2002

GPL is the Gnu General Public License (since you called Samba 'freeware', I
wondered if you are aware of some of what Andrew mentions,such as 'Free
Software' <--- note capitalization, or the GPL...)

You can find info on the GPL @ http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html (At
least, I am assuming this will work for what Andrew was talking about; if
not, please correct me).

- john

--On Friday, March 08, 2002 10:40 PM +1100 Andrew Bartlett
<abartlet at pcug.org.au> wrote:

> surya.prasad at iflexsolutions.com wrote:
<SNIP>
>> Samba being a freeware, how does it affect licensing our product? Are
>> there any legal / commercial issues?
>> Do I need to acknowledge usage of this component as part of our
>> licensing?
</SNIP>