[Samba] configuring two samba on same subnet ???

shishir singhai shishir.singhai at linkapparel.org
Fri Mar 8 06:39:03 GMT 2002

Hi everybody,

         My intranet is composed of two sambha servers with windows98/me clients. One of the samba server (Master Browser) acts as a wins server and check domain logons and i want to configure second samba server as firsts client and i am getting problems in configuring it. I put wins server =192.168.xx.yy for second server.

Whenever I run samba on server 2 my smbd starts but nmbd does not logging error:

can not bind to port 137
unable to connect to interface 0.0.0.0 blah blah blah...

if any one can suggest a soution to this.........I will be Thankful

from
Shishir Singhai
System Administrator
Creatnet Services Pvt. Ltd