[Samba] 'Network Busy' - indeed

Michael Joyner mjoyner at ewc.edu
Fri Mar 8 05:53:04 GMT 2002

It is a reverse DNS problem.

You need to setup BIND.

You can configure the system to not change your resolv.conf when you
dial out, instead, you have your system looking at your local named.

If there is a need for a remote name->ip conversion, the local named
will then go out on ppp0 and do that and return the result(s).

This is the fix, making sure your local BIND has reverse and forward
lookup entries for your entire LAN.