[Samba] High CPU load with Samba

caroline.mathevet at misys.com caroline.mathevet at misys.com
Fri Mar 8 03:19:02 GMT 2002

Hello all,

We are running Samba 2.2.2 on Soalris 2.6, clients are Windows NT4.
Samba works fine for nearly all applications exept one were we
encounter very high CPU-load. This is when we access data using the
Version Manager librairy for Power Builder.

We do not find any errors in Samba log file. We tried to upgrade to
2.2.3a but it didn't seem any better.

I know it is a very particular configuration but any idea to get a
better diagnostic of the problem is welcome.

Here is my conf :

Global conf :
[global]
     workgroup = D_SIP_SOPHIA
     netbios name = SMBSERV2
     server string = SMBSERV2 at MOZART
     interfaces = 1.1.1.105/24
     security = DOMAIN
     encrypt passwords = Yes
     password server = CHAT CHAMAN
     username map = /opt/samba/lib/users.map
     time server = Yes
     character set = ISO8859-1
     local master = No
     wins server = 1.1.1.222
     printer admin = @ntadmin
     printer driver file =
     case sensitive = Yes

- cut -

My share :
[PVCS]
     path = /e/pvcs
     admin users = brotons
     force user = pvcs
     force group = pvcs
     read only = No
     create mask = 04775
     case sensitive = No
     hide dot files = No
     fake oplocks = Yes

- cut -

Regards
Caroline

This communication is confidential to MISYS Asset Management Systems  SA
and is  intended for use only by the addressee. The views and opinions
expressed in  this email are the senders own and do not represent the
views and opinions of  MISYS  Asset Management Systems  SA